Monday, April 9, 2012

Brands I Love: Brandy Melville



Last summer I spent a WONDERFUL month studying fashion branding in Florence, Italy. I went with a bunch of girls from my school along with our amazing professor; it was as if we took our class and plucked it out of boring old Virginia and dropped it 3,000 miles away. While we were there we toured the Tuscan wineries, hiked Cinque Terre, rode gondolas in Venizia, and of course shopped until we were living off a sparse diet of pasta, pesto, and prosciutto (or was that last one just me?)


One of our hands down favorite places to shop was the Brandy Melville shop a short walk from our classroom. It screamed California chic with a European flair. Since coming to the United States in 2008, three stores have opened nationwide; New York, Santa Monica, and Honolulu. Unfortunately being in the DC Metropolitan area, I am nowhere near any of these locations. I was heartbroken upon my return to America until Brandy Melville opened an online shop which not only sells their gorgeous, soft, and fashion forward pieces, but adds new items weekly! The pricing is just as affordable for a college student/recent graduate as they were across the ocean. I put in an order on a Monday and received it by Friday using the cheapest shipping choice.


Pieces I'm Craving:


Asymmetrical Skirt
I've been slowly getting into the asymmetrical skirt trend, which I find to be a fresh and interesting way to stay cool in the warmer weather while remaining work appropriate as a nanny. Brandy Melville is offering a few colors, prints, and fabrics; I can't decide which one to buy! I'm leaning towards the one in the middle because I feel like my closet is lacking interesting prints.

                           


Stackable bracelets and rings
The jewelry offerings range from $3.00-$30.00 although most hit around $15.00. The charming bow ring below is only $4.00!




Tops

Something about this sweet, floaty, sheer tank is really appealing to me. I love that they paired it with denim shorts, however it could so easily be dressed up or down.  Of course the skull trend is going strong and the edgy back of this shirt would look great with a floral skirt and girly jewelry.



This already cult favorite among fashionistas in the know is sure to grow to a broader base as word gets out. I ordered this tank and it fit just like the picture suggested and the cotton/modal blend makes for an incredibly soft and touchable piece of clothing. Brandy Melville has yet to disappoint and you should check them out NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment