Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Product Review: Garnier BB Cream

Garnier- Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream- Light/Medium


I Love This.

BB Creams are a new revolution for the United States, but have been in existence since 1967. They were developed in Germany to protect sensitive skin following laser treatments. It found its way into the beauty world in the Asian markets when Korean actresses recommended it. It is said to heal skin while working like a foundation to provide coverage; boasting qualities such as anti-wrinkle, anti-acne, skin tone evening, and lightening scars all while providing a decent SPF to protect.

After using this product, which I picked up on a random Target run for about $11, I am definitely interested in learning more about all BB Creams. As soon as I got in my car I put it on (I had gone out with no make-up that day) and was impressed with the immediate results. I have always been a fan of tinted moisturizers for the warmer months, but have found that they sometimes lack the coverage I'm looking for to make my skin look natural and flawless. This is a great alternative, after a couple days my skin is glowing and I really like how it feels. Its a very light product, though until it dries (5 minutes MAX) it looks a bit greasy.

I expect we will be seeing a LOT more of these being released in drugstore brands, and they have already been released in a lot of our favorite American brands such as Clinique, Too Faced, and Smashbox. There are also many ways to order the Asian brands, which are widely considered to be the "real thing" and these new ones are just a knock-off. The Asian brands such as Skin79, Missha, and BRTC are known to have more yellow undertones as well as being more opaque to reach the porcelain skin look that is popular in many countries in Asia.

I have hardly set foot in the BB Cream scene, picking it up more out of convenience and curiosity than anything else. I am very pleased by what I have seen so far and will definitely be reading reviews and testing as many as I can. There will be more reviews to come comparing brands. As for the Garnier product, if you are a tinted moisturizer lover like me but generally use foundation to get the coverage you need I would give this a try. I have read a lot of reviews on it saying that it is not a true BB cream, rather a glorified tinted moisturizer. I haven't tried any other creams so I cannot say for sure but I love this product.  Especially as I'm rushing out the door to pick up the kids I nanny, I am so excited to be able to just throw this on and feel beautiful with no fuss and not have to worry about whether it is applied perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment